Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Galapagos, NY












This is going to have to be a super-fast post because the wireless connection sucks; uploading pictures is taking forever, and, as usual, arbitrary decisions are being made about picture orientation; I'm supposed to go to the post office to see about adding pages to my now-full passport; I'm supposed to be meeting Charles in less than 45 minutes; and it is heavily snowing. As you can tell from the tone of all this, I am back in New York, and will be here until January 11, 2009 when I set out on the second half of this trip. I was hoping to get in a little analysis of everything I've seen so far, but for the moment I would be satisfied just to show some of the incredible wildlife from the Galapagos, going on about its business, completely oblivious to the fact that a large bespectacled biped is taking pictures of them 5 feet away. If you love PBS nature programs; if you go birding every once in a while; if you think sea lions are almost painfully cute; you need to drop what you are doing RIGHT NOW and arrange to go there. The Galapagos Islands are unbelievable.












1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok...that's it! I'm hoping on a plane RIGHT NOW!... Ohh...that's right! I have a husband and a 9-month old child depending on me. I guess I will have to wait for this trip until at least the child walks, so we don't have to carry him around...he's getting quite heavy! :)
Glad to hear you're back... come by the office to say hello...
We miss ya!

Karina